Meet the printmaker: Mindy Schumacher (Engels)
Time & Location
Meet the printmaker is an online event where you get to know everything about your favorite printmaker!
It's sort of an online meet & greet. The printmaker tells his / her story, after which I (Kirsten Peerdeman-Luijendijk, founder & owner of Atelier Indrukwekkend) go in depth with the printmaker. And last but not least, it is time for your questions!
For this edition we have invited none other than Mindy Schumacher from Follysomeprints!
Thoughtful, eclectic, nostalgic or whatever little folly brings us joy. That's what Mindy shares with her Follysomeprints business.
When her daughter was born, she wanted to celebrate her with the world. Mindy had managed to live on the outskirts of social media for a decade. (She also doesn't own a microwave. You may draw your own conclusions. Ha!) Mindy stumbled into a creative exploration of the world of hand block printing for fabric. From India, to Australia, to Alabama, makers are sharing their creativity and it absolutely inspired me! Mindy's path followed an interest in cross-pollinating some of the skills she has dabbled in throughout the years, namely, linocut printing, graphic design and pattern making. The handmade movement is a revolution! Mindy sees it as a conscientious movement toward sustainability and meaning. It fits rather nicely alongside our sharing-culture and even feels a little rebellious. So like Zarathustra, down the hill she came. Mindy's hope is to make and share livable art for everyday life. Thoughtful, eclectic, nostalgic or whatever little folly brings us joy.
Learn all about Mindy and Follysomeprint and her passion for printmaking, pattern making and more! And ask her everything you always wanted to know!
- 20 minute presentation by the printmaker
- 20 minutes in depth conversation with printmaker & host (if you want to have specific questions answered or topics to be discussed, send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "meet the printmaker". We will do our best for you to get your question anwserend during this conversation.)
- 20 minutes of questions from the participants. (depending on the group size of this online Zoom event, you can ask your questions personally or via chat)
- Meet the Printmaker takes place via Zoom. You will receive the details (code for participation) 1 day in advance via email.
We WON'T record the session. Meet the Printmaker is an event, so we treat it like one :) be there or be square!
- Meet the Printmaker (online)€4.95€4.950€0